Those of you anxiously awaiting the next generation iPhone to hit stores may not have to wait much longer. According to reports by Macotakara, Apple‘s manufacturing partners have begun assembling the iPhone 5 for what appears to be a mid-October launch date. Foxconn has 85% of the production under its belt while Pegatron is taking care of the remaining 15%. The announcement of the iPhone 5 is expected very soon, as early as next week according to rumors and it follows claims that pre-sales are now available from German Apple partner Deutsche Telekom.
After being delayed for weeks from its usual June/July launch, all signs are point to an announcement within the next few weeks. Retail store employees are also beginning training of iOS 5 and Apple’s Cloud services which also hint at a launch date just around the corner. The iPhone 5 is expected to come equipped with Apple’s next-generation A5 processor, a larger screen and all new design. The report also states that Apple’s manufacturing partners are assembling the body of the iPhone 5 and leaving packaging out to wait for the final build of iOS 5 to be completed. Stay tuned for more iPhone 5 updates in the coming weeks.