The lawsuit brought against Apple for not allowing sufficient control over in-app purchases leading to minors purchasing loads of applications is nearing its end as a hearing regarding a settlement will commence on Friday. The settlement will see Apple provide each of the estimated 23 million customers with $5 of iTunes store credit, more if the user can prove that Apple was at fault for larger purchases. Users with bills of $30 and higher will be entitled to cash instead of the credit. Apple seems to have admitted being at fault here and the settlement should not interfere with the company’s estimated $137 billion cash reserves.
RIM has updated Twitter for BlackBerry to version 3.1, the new version brings improvements to details of a specific tweet, now you can see more info including conversations, list of users who’ve RT your tweet, button to undo a RT.
Change log for Twitter for BlackBerry v3.1
- New Tweet details screen to see conversations about the tweet and who has retweeted it
- Undo retweets by simply clicking on the retweet button again
- Improved Sign-up screen with suggestions for your account name
- Support for 3 new languages: Arabic, Hebrew, and Finnish
If you too are a Twitter addict like me and own a Android or iPhone – this news shall get you excited! Twitter has updated the Android app to version 3.3 and iPhone app to version 4.3 that brings new and very interesting features such as Push notifications for select tweets, expanded Tweets, auto-complete and more.
New features in Twitter for Android and iPhone
- Expanded Tweets feature lets you see content previews, view images, play videos and more from partner sites directly from the app (Rolling out gradually)
- Now choose to receive notifications from people you follow anytime they tweet or RT with Push notifications
- Improvements to search auto-complete for users
- Tap-able avatars that take you directly to user profiles
- Many other tweaks, polish, and bug and crasher fixes
- Enhanced experience around selected events with the best Tweets and photos from those involved (for iPhone)
- Ambient notifications: enables you to see brief non-interruptive notifications in the status bar while you are using the app (for iPhone)
Only 6 months back we heard that Windows Phone Marketplace has reached 50,000 apps milestone – and now Microsoft at it’s Windows Phone 8 event, revealed that Windows Phone Marketplace now has 100,000 apps ready for download! Microsfot claims that this has been the fastest journey to 100,000 apps – even faster than Apple!
To add to the celebration Microsoft confirmed that Zynga’s Draw Something and Word with Friends apps are coming very soon to Windows Phone – interesting times ahead!
Yes, even though the tablet from BlackBerry may not be the best choice in the market, it is proving to be an interesting one – thanks to the QNX technology used the PlayBook it already had the ability to run certain re-packaged Android apps and the variety of Android apps for PlayBook were only increasing. Well, guess what the PlayBook can also run native iOS apps – yes, you read it right! Read more